My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Monday, May 09, 2005

Any Given Saturday Preseason Poll Coming Soon!

It is almost the time of the year when Any Given Saturday comes out with their Top 25 Preseason Poll. Yours truely, colgate13, is a proud inagural member of this esteemed poll. I've got about 2 weeks to figure out my Top 25 ballot and I've already done some work. Here's my tentative Top 5:

1. JMU
2. NW State
3. UNH
4. EWU
5. UNI

These are 5 teams that were very potent last year and return a significant amount of talent and starters. I think it will be tough for JMU (or any team) to repeat but they've got the tools to do it. In the A-10 though, it will be a huge accomplishment for them to come out with the title again.

My next 5 is not setttled yet. I'm considering UMass, Lehigh, Western Kentucky, Montana, Furman and Georgia Southern, not necessarily in that order. I think Lafayette will be a 15-17 team.

Colgate just doesn't deserve a nod at this time. I'm still hopeful that 2005 will be a great year, but we've got to prove it in our first two games before anyone should take us as a serious Top 25 team.

More to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home