My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Be Still My Beating Heart

Will wonders ever cease? Colgate has released video on all of its incoming football recruits!!! It was done rather quietly, but I assure you, it is there. Plenty of juicy highlights to digest as we await patiently for fall camp to begin (nothing like wishing away the summer, no?).

I've begun to post my thoughts around the web in various forums, but I'll restate somethings here too. So far I've been impressed with:

- the speed of Uzoma Idah, a DB who will probably be a return threat.
- the speed and moves of David Ashton, a LB who returns a punt for a TD!
- the strength of Franseco (Frank) Vittorini, a DL who stands up all his blockers (I bet he sees time this fall)
- the offensive line play of Kyle Poinsett. I think he's got a great chance to start next year.
- Patrick Simonds (WR) makes some outstanding catches. I love how he goes up for the ball.
- Tyler Spencer could see time on the DL as well. He's good.
- Mike Gandy at LB brings some heat with him and is putting himself in the right spots
- Tyrone Henry has got some wheels.
- Tony Watts is a heck of a back up to Jordan Scott. Maybe we'll run some sets where he can get the ball out of a wing spot?

I'll view them all in more detail as I get the time. More thoughts to come!

2 Comments:

  • wut aboput chris giardini he looks quick and agile and strong runking screens and pushing away line men

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

  • hey colgate about what the guy say isnt it true

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home