My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

2007 Recruiting - already!

Andy from Lafayette (in my opinion the recruiting guru of the Patriot League) picked this one up for us, so I thought I'd share. Current junior Shawn Roser, a 5'9" cornerback out of Washington, D.C., has been offered a spot on Colgate's football team in 2007. The full mention on rivals.com comes from him also being looked at by I-A Maryland of the ACC. Here's the blurb:

Washington (D.C.) Potomac cornerback Shawn Roeser already has an offer from Colgate, but he has picked up his second offer of the season from the ACC. What does the 5-foot-9, 165-pounder think of the offer and does he have any favorites right now?

"A few weeks ago I picked up an offer from Maryland," he said. "It's nice to get the offer from them, but I don't think that is a school I really want to go to. I'm really looking for a place that will give me playing time right away when I get there and somewhere I can get a good education."
I'd venture a guess we've got Maryland beat right now! Just comes down to who else gets in the mix, and if he thinks we'll need a new corner in 2007. We might...

2 Comments:

  • "I'm really looking for a place that will give me playing time right away when I get there..."

    That doesn't sound like Colgate

    I'll give the kid the benefit of the doubt but I would have preferred he said: a place that will give me the opportunity to compete for playing time...

    Granted, he is a high school junior and may not be particularly media savvy but no program is going to "give him" anything. He will need to earn it, especially at 5'9" 165 and especially at Colgate. Best of luck to him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:41 PM  

  • In an era where recruiting seems to be based more and more on physical attributes and combine scores, Roeser is an interesting case. He has garnered some terrific offers already,and yet his numbers--5-8, 146, 4.6, 185 bench--are nothing special. This kid is all about instincts and performance. 134 tackles, 18 sacks, Conf. Defensive POY as a jr.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home