My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Monday, December 05, 2005

This Warms the Cockels of My Heart

It sure is nice to read some praise for our beloved football program in the good old Maroon-News.
I love Colgate football. I love everything about it - the traditions, the energy, the snowy games, the tailgates and all of the incredible memories it has given me. I love the stadium, the field, the coaches and trainers; but I especially admire the players.
As a senior who watched the team play its final game last weekend, I would like to say "Thank You" to all of the players who made the last four years so exciting. Above all, I want to extend my utmost respect and congratulations to the seniors, the winningest class in school history. Three rings in four years makes for a heavy hand, and if anybody deserves that much bling, it's you guys.
From time to time you catch a story in a campus newspaper around the league (or at our sisters in the Ivy League) that has a fun time putting down a program that has lost some games or doesn't have great support. For those reasons among many, it is great to read something from a Colgate student who appreciates the effort made by these players. She sounds like a fan Colgate is lucky to have.

1 Comments:

  • I would like to also congratulate the seniors on four fine seasons of Colgate football, and for representing the school in such a sportsmanlike way. Plus I want to say "thank you" to every player on the team for putting in all those long hours -- from August through December -- to master the plays and the system. There's a lot of work that goes into being a well oiled unit on the field, and that comes from hard practice sessions day after day. We appreciate all that you guys did for 'Gate this year. You deserved the success that came your way!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home