My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Monday, December 05, 2005

Some Weekend Thoughts

First, just how many games against Princeton can Colgate have in one weekend? Looking at the Colgate Athletics web page, you've got:

"Colgate comes back to beat Princeton"
"Women's Basketball Falls to Princeton"
"Tigers too much for Colgate"
"Men's Basketball Romps over Princeton"

I guess the general theme is that us Raider men can take care of those Ivy types, but our women still have some work to do!

Then, of course, the I-AA playoffs. The biggest deal: our conquerors have been conquered. Along with Richmond, it means the A-10 is done for the 2005 season. One the one hand, I'm bummed that the team that beat us has exited from the playoffs. On the other, it will be nice to silence the "A-10 is the best" crowd for a season. A 'three-peat' I-AA championship would have been a lot to handle!

Lastly, on my blog poll Lehigh is taking a bit of a lead as the preseason favorite. I for one think the Mountain Hawks lose a lot, too much to be considered the front runner (but always a contender for sure). For all of those voting Lehigh, hopefully with their head and not their heart, fill me in. Besides a full season of Sedale Threatt, what does 2006 Mountain Hawk football have going for it? Don't get my motives wrong; preseason favorite has been a kiss of death as of late in the Patriot League. Just trying to get a scoop on 2006!

1 Comments:

  • As long as Jordan is bumping into him with his "back end", I'll be fine with that. I hope he doesn't see him 'face to face' until they shake hands at the end!

    By Blogger colgate13, at 4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home