My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Weekend Digestion

Having had another day to let the weekend digest, Colgate's defense still stands out in my mind as playing top notch ball. Yes, we gave up yards in the fourth quarter, but we shut out UMass for 3 quarters and scored twice. We also held strong when we needed to. That last series almost had 3 INTs in. The offense needs to come a long ways, but I like the potential I see. They were conservative and tentative, but I like what I see.

The Patriot League had some highs and lows, with Lafayette taking down Richmond and Lehigh going to overtime with Delaware. Good job guys. Holy Cross made a hell of a statement with their win over G'Town. I can't wait to see how they do in the coming weeks versus Harvard and Delaware. A win over either could just be the watershed game this program needs to get to the next level. On the other side of things, Fordham and Bucknell might just be in more dire straights then any of us thought. I need to read up on things, and we've all learned that mid-majors are no joke, but I did not think either program would be starting out 0-2.

In an all important measuring stick, the Patriot League went 2-1 vs. A-10 yesterday and is 2-2 overall this season. Not bad at all. In overall I-AA land, a lot of upsets around. JMU, Georgia Southern, NW. St. all lose. Western Kentucky and Delaware almost lose. This season could be very interesting. A lot of teams can make a run. No one can just show up and win.

That's it for now. Man, I am happy the 'gate made its way back on the helmet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home