My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Tidbit on Pat Simonds and another verbal

We already knew that Pat Simonds was coming, but here's a little bit more on Simonds, a 6-5 and 200 pounds receiver:

From the Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin:

"(Colgate coaches) told me I'd be coming in as their No. 4 or No. 5 receiver, but that playing time will all depend on how much I work between now and then," Simonds said.

I can't say I disagree. Kenny Parker is #1, Eric Burke #2, David Morgan #3 and Garrin Rose #4. Depending on how quickly Simonds can get up to speed, I can see him becoming a nice fourth option as the year progresses, especially given his height. Since the graduation of Luke Graham, we've been missing a tall receiver. Of the four return receivers I just listed, Burke is the tallest at 6'0".

We've also got a verbal committment from Paul Mancuso, a 6'3" lineman from Trinity-Pawling near Poughkeepsie, NY. He comes from a winning program (9-0 last year) which is always a good thing in my book!

1 Comments:

  • Simonds is also a big cog on the Sydney basketball team, has good hands and height, very agile. Looks like he def could be a 4th or 5th receiver to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home