My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Possible Football Transfer and a nice 2003 playoff reference

First: Ryan Meyers is (or was anyway) a freshman QB from Tulane that is thinking of transferring to Colgate (and Yale or Lafayette). I think competition is a great thing, so bring him on!
Next: As is becoming customary, when I-A bowl time comes around and people are frustrated by the lack of a I-A playoff, they point to I-AA. We continue to get mileage out of our 2003 playoff run in this article. The reference to Colgate:

Weiberg went on to list several other tired reasons, such as a playoff is
not possible because of final examination schedules. That's an even bigger joke.
If the real "student-athletes" at Division I-AA Colgate and Division III
Washington & Jefferson can play four weeks in a row in December, then there
is no reason why the players at Penn State and West Virginia can't.

Gosh, I love to read that kind of stuff!

2 Comments:

  • When Colgate gets a transfer, it's "competition," but when someone else gets a transfer...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:39 PM  

  • Looks like the QB is a big kid--6' 3" 220, pocket passer. Could be good for us!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home