My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Fordham Game Notes Up

Here.

Normally I look at them to help me with the scouting report and with the Prognosticating piece, but some facts on the sheet really stood out to me so I thought I'd share them. Take a look at these facts I did not realize:

  • Colgate is the least penalized team in the Patriot League (137 yards in 5 games)
  • Colgate leads the league in time of possesion (35:19 per game)
  • Chris Williams leads the Patriot League in interceptions with four (not really a surprise since he's ranked nationally)
  • Mike Rava leads the Patriot League in field goals per game (1.4 per game)
  • Mike Saraceno is second in the Patriot League in passing yardage (175 per game)
  • DeWayne Long is second in the Patriot League in total receptions (23 total)
Those are very interesting stats to me. The first two show that Colgate remains a disciplined team and that they are playing the type of football they are good at: controlling the clock. The last three are interesting to me because we had some offensive troubles to start the year and yet, we're still putting up some numbers league wise. Saraceno's standing really boggles my mind because he was out for a bit and had all of those interceptions. Now that it looks like he's settled down, he might just get that average higher and lead this league.

It's all food for thought, but I think Colgate football is finding its groove and will only be getting better as the season goes on. Next up: Fordham. Let's Go 'Gate!


4 Comments:

  • Borda - 253.8 ypg
    Saraceno - 175.0 ypg

    Borda - 33.2 passes/game
    Saraceno - 23.8 passes/game

    Lehigh - 37.6 rushes/game
    Colgate - 51 rushes/game

    I don't think Saraceno's going to lead the league in passing.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

  • Maybe not... but then again maybe. Saraceno had some pretty bad games and those are factored in as well. How many more yards does Saraceno have if he doesn't throw five INTs against CCSU and throws completions instead? Saraceno also came in as a back up at Dartmouth, injured, and threw for only 46 yards.

    Borda's definitely got the inside track, especially with the attempts that Lehigh will have over Colgate. But Mike's not doing to shabby and could make a move with a few solid games.

    Either way, he returns next year. That's nice....

    By Blogger colgate13, at 10:37 PM  

  • It's not a shot at Saraceno, I'd rather be a running team than a passing team this time of year anyways. I just don't think you can spot a throwing team 75 yards a game midway through the season and say another quarterback will catch him. Borda had an off game vs. Holy Cross, Saraceno threw five picks vs. Cent. Conn. State. Then again, Maurer's thrown four picks in the last 13 games and has a ring . . maybe he's better than both of them . . ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 AM  

  • no problem. I actually think it's a long shot too, that's why I said might lead the league. ;)

    By Blogger colgate13, at 10:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home