My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Sunday, October 09, 2005

My AGS Top 25

It was a crazy week filled with upsets. This poll business is getting harder as the season goes on, not easier!

1. Western Kentucky (3)
2. James Madison (4)
3. Cal Poly (5)
4. Montana (7)
5. Furman (8)
6. Southern Illinois (9)
7. William & Mary (13)
8. New Hampshire (1)
9. Northern Iowa (2)
10. Eastern Washington (10)
11. Hampton (12)
12. Northwestern St (16)
13. Massachusetts (17)
14. Georgia Southern (19)
15. Alabama St (18)
16. Coastal Car (21)
17. Texas St (22)
18. Appalachian St (14)
19. North Dakota St (11)
20. Youngstown St (NR)
21. Montana St (24)
22. Brown (25)
23. Lehigh (6)
24. Stephen F. Austin (NR)
25. Penn (NR)

MOST SIGNIFICANT WIN OF THE WEEK: Cal Poly
MOST SIGNIFICANT LOSS OF THE WEEK: Lehigh

2 Comments:

  • Last things first - what silly game? I don't see what you are referring to. The only thing I've ever had is a pop up from Bravenet because of the poll that I use.

    Now, on to the real issue: Lehigh's ranking. They are a product of where they started. I droppped them 17 points for the loss. I did wrestle with this one, I mean Holy Cross actually has one more win and has beat them head to head. I didn't miss that point. If anything, I was thinking perhaps I should replace Lehigh with Lafayette sitting at 4-1. Maybe I should have slid HC in there and not Penn. It is tough, really.

    But in the end, I didn't see how I could take a team from sixth in the nation to not ranked based on a 3 point loss in horrible conditions that, from the sounds of it, were due to some very superhuman plays that translated into touchdowns. I don't mean to take anything away from Holy Cross in the least. I'm just trying to evaluate how good Lehigh is within the context of an entire season, which, does rest on anticipated events that have yet to transpire. You could I guess call that repuation. I just think that when Lehigh has been good, they've been very good.

    I would love to rank Lafayette, Holy Cross, Lehigh and Colgate 22-25. I really think we're that close and that we sit there in terms of greater I-AA. I am just striving for some consistency in my poll, so HC, LC and especially 'gate sit on the bubble (the 'gate in particular because when we've been bad, we've been really bad).

    Your comments are appreciated. They keep me honest.

    By Blogger colgate13, at 11:53 AM  

  • OH, THAT!

    Word verification is not for my or Blogger.com's amusement. It is to prevent comment spam. Believe it or not, there are spam bots out there trolling for blogs to leave comments on. Word verification is a way to thwart it. Spam bots can't 'see' the image, they can only read text - so they can't enter the text to allow the post.

    It is an annoying extra step, but before I put it in, I was getting some random crap that was inappropriate to say the least! I have to do it to, so it sucks, but it's the world we live in.

    By Blogger colgate13, at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home