My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Monday, April 25, 2005

Some Love From Cornell?

Cornell's student newspaper has once again lifted up Colgate as an example to the Ivy League on how I-AA football and NCAA playoffs are not incompatible with 1st class academics..

"In 2003, Colgate's football team advanced to the Division I-AA national title game. Colgate is virtually on par with the Ivies as an academic institution, and it's participation in the I-AA tournament did not serve as a detriment at all to its players' academic standing, while at the same time giving those student-athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play on a national stage. There is no reason to believe that such an ill-effect would occur at Ivy schools either."


Cornell Sun Article


If I didn't hate them so much, I could kiss them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home