My rants and insight into Colgate athletics and Patriot League sports

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Blitzing Bean

It's obvious that camp is only a few days away. The stories are starting to come in now. Local product and Preseason Defensive Player of the Year Geoff Bean is the feature in a hometown newspaper story.

Bean ready for final journey at Colgate

The subject of blitzing seemed to get Colgate senior Geoff Bean emotional Wednesday night.

"Every chance I get," Oneonta High graduate Bean said when asked if he looks forward to blitzing from his strong safety position for the Division I-AA team.

This was odd because most anyone who’s talked with Bean knows the word "I" rarely comes out of his mouth.

He quickly added, "Every chance we get. The defense feeds off that. We can’t wait to blitz. We’re programmed to do it."
Reading further one finds out that Bean turned down a summer internship with Pepsi in Denver to train in Hamilton. That kind of committment from an established starter gives me goosebumps. I've been high on Bean since I saw him play as a sophomore. It may sound like hyperbole, but I think Bean's going to have a big year.

1 Comments:

  • The same article points out that Bean has been working out some with Pat Simonds, the incoming frosh WR, this summer and that Simonds can really go up and get the ball. Sounds like we have another great receiver in the making!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home